Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Waiting for More False Alarms?

Last afternoon I get a phone call at 4:45 from Steph asking me where I was at. I said still at work. Yesterday was a crazy day, it was one of the few days where I'm not at my desk, because I was in meetings all day. I still had a ton to do, but all of that vanished as soon as she asked me where I was. I immediately asked if it was time and she told to me to begin coming home as she thought this was it. At this time I was sitting with one of my coworkers and she could see it all sinking in for me. She told me to get out of there and have a baby. So I'm literally sprinting through the halls of Target screaming "It's Time!"

I honestly don't remember much of my way home other than no one drives as fast as I want them to (that has been a common theme in my life, but was still revelation to me last night). I do remember driving down our street parking the car in the middle of the road, leaving it running and sprinting for inside the house. That's when Steph told me to hang on a little bit and that we don't need to leave quite yet. I shake the adrenaline off and go back outside to park and turn the car off.

Then we waited......and waited......and waited. Steph was having contractions when she walked, but now for the first time was getting them as she was laying down. We kept wondering to ourselves if last night was going to be the night, but again to no avail. The other night Steph said that the baby is stubborn like his father.....I said I'm not stubborn.......it's just one of my endearing qualities. I don't think she bought it, but I definitely tried selling it.

As we wait for our little guy, we continue to wait for the federal and state government to get their gear together, the NFL & NBA to conlude their lockouts and for the Twins to eventually leave 4th place in the division. The one thing we are not waiting for is any more false alarms.

No comments:

Post a Comment