Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tobiah's Busy Weekend

There are days when the weather is so perfect here in Minnesota that you can't imagine living anywhere else. Unfortunately, there are 340 other days in the year when the weather isn't close to being perfect. This weekend happened to be two of the 25 nice days that we have in the year. It was nice to be able to spend some time outside as a family and enjoy it.

On to some fun event that happened this weekend. Saturday morning started out with Tobiah's photo shoot. Katie Silus  came over around 10:30 to take Tobiah's baby pictures. She was there for about two hours, took about 500 pictures and told us how well he was doing. He wasn't fussy, quite frankly he was angelic. I take full credit for his behavior, I talked with him Friday night about Katie coming over and taking his picture, so he was prepared. He was a natural, he posed for the camera and gave Katie different faces to shoot. It was a ton of fun to watch as Katie took all of those pictures. I will post a few of those pictures in my next post.

Later on that afternoon we headed over to Dave & Rachel Finch's house for their annual pool party. It was fun to see a lot of friends that we haven't see for a while and to allow a lot of the ladies hold him for a while. There were three pregnant ladies (two of them first time moms) there and it was fun to see their maternal instincts kick in. All three are super great ladies, but it was fun for me to see them hold little Tobiah. Grandpa and Grandma (my parents) were at the pool party so it was good for them to get their Tobiah fix as well. We were there for little over 4 hours and he was great the whole time. 

Today my dad came over and we cut down some branches for our big maple trees. Some of the branches snapped during one of our wave of storms and other branches just needed to come down. After we completed our best Paul Bunyan impersonation, we had lunch and went for a walk. It was such a lovely day that I knew we had to take advantage of it. Tobiah didn't get that memo, he slept through the entire walk. He'll have to trust me when I tell him he had a good time.

Then for supper we went over to Mike and Em's. Mike purchased some Louisiana hot links. They reminded him of the hot sausages that the street vendors sell in NYC. When we were in NYC last spring Mike and I probably had 7 (each) of the hot sausages within a six day period. I'm telling you if you go to NYC, eat at the street vendors and have desert in the restaurants. You will not regret it, plus you'll save yourself a lot of money. In addition to the hot links they had corn on the cob, baked beans, potato salad, red velvet cake and my mom made this fantastic strawberry & rhubarb crisp. Oh my!! Phenomenal doesn't quite capture the taste of it. Both the strawberries and rhubarb were both tart and sweet, plus the addition of the crisp gave it a sweet buttery taste. Of course I couldn't forget the dullop of cool whip that I placed on top of it. Again, it was fantastic! As we were leaving Steph asked me if I knew how to put him in the car seat. I sarcastically told that I knew how and I went on to explain to her that I placed him in and taken him out of the car seat a couple times already. As I was putting him in the car seat she was watching (and judging like Simon from American Idol...I mean Paula....I mean never mind) and she told me to loosen up the straps. She obviously knew from my dumbfounded look that I had no idea what she was talking about. She went on to show me how to loosen up the straps when placing him in the car seat and taking him out. I guess it is a good little tip to know. This whole time I thought you had to be maneuver him around  the design of the car seat. Things I will continue to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment