Thursday, August 4, 2011

Home for One Week

Tobiah playing with his stuffed animals on his mat
It was a week ago today that we brought Tobiah back from the hospital. I'm asked how is it and for the first eight days it has been wonderful. Better than I ever expected. He's adorable, fun, makes the best faces and I could see a little be of me in him. Then today happened. I'm not sure if today was normal or not (again I have no idea what to expect), but he was fussy, inconsolable and loud. I was the proud recipient of a Tobiah William headache today. A few times today while I was holding him (he was proclaiming to the world how upset he was), I looked at Steph and said what am I suppose to do with this kid? I've tried everything that's worked before and he's angrier now than he was before. So out of frustration I gave Tobiah to Steph and naturally he stopped crying. Another time he was on his mat playing with the hanging stuffed animals, he became upset again. He was completely inconsolable for a few minutes (which to me felt like hours). Then he just stopped. How could he go from a blood curdling screaming to peaceful and angelic in FIVE SECONDS?! A while later, Tobiah and I were sitting together on the love seat just making faces at each other and he spit up. I swear this spit up wasn't like an normal spit up. NOOOOOO! It was the mother of all spit ups. I'm telling you, this spit up was on steroids. It covered his face, shirt, body & my shirt. So naturally I did the thing any good father would do, I screamed for Steph, quick moved him to his changing table and took my spit up soak shirt off. Earlier in the day, we had our first diaper blow out. I almost lost much lunch on that one. It was all the way up to his neck. It was everywhere! It was ridiculously gross. Thank goodness Steph is a super mom and can handle all of that type of stuff.

Even with all of that said, the times that he was content today we so precious and makes me truly realize how my life is changing. 9 days into this father thing and I'm having fun. Just trying to have as many memories as possible with him that I can while he is so delicate and dependent (even though I wish he did come with a mute button occasionally).

As for the Twins, they are moving closer to the sellers market. Kubel, Thome & Cuddy could be with other clubs shortly if they don't start getting better starting pitching. Blacky & Pavano have been terrible, Liriano can't locate his fastball to save his life, Baker's elbow is causing more concerns and Dunsing has too inconsistent, he's been great or awful. Swarzak & Slowey could see starting opportunities shortly if the Twins don't turn it around (shelve Baker & bench Blackburn). These next seven games will determine the Twins fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment